Konov Aleksey Aleksandrovich, Candidate of historical sciences, associate professor, doctoral candidate, Center of economic history, Institute of History and Archeology of the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (16, Kovalevskoy street, Ekaterinburg, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The modernization demands from railroaders the highly developed personality and the professional competences. That is why it is too important to learn the historical experience of the soviet state on creating the personnel potential for exploitation the electrified railways. The aim of the article is to investigate the most significant tendencies and results of the state policy on providing the intensive modernization with qualified young workers.
Materials and methods. The realization of the research problems had been achieved on the basis of analyzing the statistic reports on training the working personnel in the railway technical schools, which were found in the Sverdlovskaya railway administration archive. The modernization of the railway transport is the radical technical and economic renewal of the transport on the basis of electrification. The comparative method permitted to research the educational level of the railroaders, the statistical method had been used for analyzing the data on the workers, trained in technical schools and colleges.
Results. The author showed the decisive role of the railway technical schools in the training of locomotive brigades, defined the causes of disparity between the quantity of workers in professional schools and young workers entered the railways. It was proved that secondary schools became the significant source of working personnel for railway transport.
Conclusions. The young workers formed the solid personnel base for scientific and technical progress on the railway transport, made possible the mass exploitation of new locomotives and railway electric engineering. The secondary education became obligatory for all categories of workers.
modernization, engine-driver of electric locomotive, the railway technical school, the professional technical school, educational level
1. Zagorskiy B. M. Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy progress i sotsial'noe planirovanie na zheleznodorozhnom transporte [Scientific and technological progress and social planning in railway transport]. Moscow: Transport, 1986, 287 p. [In Russian]
2. Lichman B. V. Ural'skaya industriya v ekonomicheskoy politike Sovetskogo gosudarstva vtoroy poloviny 1950-kh – serediny 1980-kh gg. [Ural industry in the economic policy of the Soviet state in the second half of the 1950s – middle 1980s]. Ekaterinburg: UMTs-UPI, 2007, 299 p. [In Russian]
3. Nachal'noe professional'noe obrazovanie na Srednem Urale. 1917–1990 gg. [Primary professional education in the Middle Urals. 1917–1990]. Ekaterinburg: UrGUPS, 2007, 214 p. [In Russian]
4. Kryuchkov M. T. Rossiya v proshlom i nastoyashchem: sb. nauch. st. [Russia in the past and present: collected articles]. Ekaterinburg: UrGUPS, 1999, 210 p. [In Russian]
5. Konov A. A. Modernizatsiya zheleznodorozhnogo transporta na Urale v 1956–1991 gg.: monografiya [Modernization of railway transport in the Urals in 1956–1991: monograph]. Ekaterinburg: UrGUPS, 2018, 351 p. [In Russian]
6. Sektor arkhivov Upravleniya Sverdlovskoy zheleznoy dorogi [Sector of archives of the Administration of the Sverdlovsk Railway]. F. 3/1. Op. 3. D. 3. L. 28. [In Russian]
7. Ob"edinennyy gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Chelyabinskoy oblasti (OGAChO) [Joint State Archive of the Chelyabinsk Region]. F. R-1607. Op. 2. D. 4832. L. 4. [In Russian]
8. Arkhiv Ekaterinburg-Passazhirskogo podrazdeleniya Sverdlovskogo uchebnogo tsentra professional'nykh kvalifikatsiy Sverdlovskoy zheleznoy dorogi [Archive of the Yekaterinburg-Passenger division of the Sverdlovsk training сenter for professional qualifications of the Sverdlovsk Railway]. 1960, 14 June, Protokol no. 10. [In Russian]
9. Zheleznodorozhnyy transport SSSR, 1956–1970 g.: sb. dok. [Railway transport of the USSR, 1956–1970: collected reports]. Ed. N. E. Aksenenko. Moscow: Egra, 1998, 552 p. [In Russian]
10. OGAChO. F. 288. Op. 196. D. 147. L. 81, 82. [In Russian]
11. Sektor arkhivov upravleniya Sverdlovskoy zheleznoy dorogi [Sector of archives of the Administration of the Sverdlovsk Railway]. F. 3/1. Op. 2. D. 31. L. 48, 49. [In Russian]
12. Kollektivnyy dogovor Sverdlovskoy ordena Lenina i ordena Oktyabr'skoy revolyutsii zheleznoy dorogi na 1983 god [Collective agreement of the Sverdlovsk Order of Lenin and the Order of the October Revolution of the Railway for 1983]. Sverdlovsk, 1983, 83 p. [In Russian]
13. Zheleznodorozhnyy transport SSSR, 1971–1991 g.: sb. dok. [Railway transport of the USSR, 1971–1991: collected reports]. Comp. M. I. Khlusov. Moscow: MPS RF, 2003, 800 p. [In Russian]